We're living in challenging times. Through AR/VR immersive media, content creators are pioneering different ways in which we communicate and understand the world. As AR/VR creators ourselves who come from different countries and cultures (Australia, UK and USA), we have each taken diverse paths of making, experiencing and exhibiting the work. What does this medium offer to creators from analog backgrounds? Can it be used as a force of change in the age of experience? As 5G networks and evolving hardware usher in a new age of connectivity, what opportunities does that open up for content creators that aim to transcend conventional boundaries?
Additional Supporting Materials
Other Resources / Information
- In regards to issues that impact the world, we will address how we and other creators are attempting to shift paradigms in our art and community.
- The session will give insights into how interconnectivity and XR tools are changing the landscape for play, experimentation and advocacy.
- For those creators who come from analog backgrounds, they will come away with a broad overview of what's possible in immersive media.
- Kevin Ang, VR Artist and Community Leader (XR Artists Collective) , Kevin Ang
- Rosie Summers, 3D Animator and VR Artist, XR Games
- Marc O Matic, XR Auteur / Storyteller / Creative Technologist, Marc-O-Matic
Kevin Ang, Vr Artist And Community Leader, N/A
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.