Mixed Reality opens up the stage to possibilities of interactivity that were simply not possible before. It has the potential to change the perspective of the audience and enable them to participate. MR offers novel ways for performers to manipulate spaces in real-time, potentially changing the reach of their artistic expression.
In this session, we will discuss our production process for staging a mixed reality performance of The Trestle at Pope Lick Creek by Naomi Wallace. For the past year, we have experimented with Magic Leap One in the context of the performing arts. We will share our research which focuses on developing an emerging practice for directing, writing, acting and designing in this new dimension of the Stage and explore ways to give audiences a sense of immersion & agency
Additional Supporting Materials
Other Resources / Information
- Gain insights on how to expand the stage where the physical and digital co-exist based on our experience in producing The Trestle at Pope Lick Creek.
- Learn how Mixed Reality will change the writing, staging, designing, and performing process for artists.
- Identify opportunities to give audiences a sense of deep immersion and agency within a live performance setting.
- Maya Georgieva, Director, XReality Center and Co-Founder of Digital Bodies , The New School / Digital Bodies
- Tomás Correa, MR Specialist, XReality Center , The New School
Maya Georgieva, Dir, Digital Learning, XReality Center & Co-Founder of Digital Bodies, The New School
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.