Given the remarkable growth of technology products and AI, leaders in the field know that there is a massive market for inclusion, that it’s great business and beyond that, it is the right thing to do. Acclaimed designer, Fanny Krivoy facilitates this conversation to explore the current state of intentional/unintentional exclusion in product development, and how to create products with inclusive design methodologies. This panel hosts leaders in design and technology, artificial intelligence and accessibility to explore the big picture when designing products — including practical and cutting edge steps to create inclusion. Panel includes 3 perspectives on the inclusion: Frances West, Nicola Palmarini and Dorrie Rush who participated in Krivoy's interview series, “Project Inclusion”.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Inclusive design is an expectation, not an exception.
- Unintended benefits: Inclusive design benefits everyone, not just people with disabilities, but everyone.
- Inclusive design involves a reciprocal exchange: what job does your product do, what do you learn from the user?
- Fanny Krivoy, Founder/Chief Creative Officer, Studio Analogous
- Frances West, Public Speaker & Author, Frances West Co.
- Nicola Palmarini, Ethics AI Lead & Program Manager, MIT-IBM Watson AI LAB
- Dorrie Rush, Chief Content Officer, OEPatients.org
Fanny Krivoy, Founder/Chief Creative Officer, Studio Analogous
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.