Nirvana. The Beatles. The Stones. Music Icons. Lucrative Brands. You think of intellectual property protection for your music, but what about for the brand you are building with your Blood, Sweat & Tears? Representatives from the United States Patent & Trademark Office and the Texas Music Office along with other distinguished speakers will discuss how to build and protect your band’s valuable brand with real world examples of brands that have gone global. And what happens to that brand if the music stops and members go their separate ways.
- Understanding of the basic types of intellectual property protection available for music and artists
- The importance of early consideration of IP ownership and branding in the music industry
- How to grow and sustain a global brand from a business perspective
- Mary Denison, Commissioner for Trademarks, United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Brendon Anthony, Director, Texas Music Office
Megan Hoyt, Regional Outreach Officer, United States Patent and Trademark Office
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.