Battle of the Extremes: An AI Moderated Debate
Our debate, moderated by an AI bot, will show how technology can help humanity to steer clear from extremism and help us with nuanced thinking and problem-solving. With the ultimate ambition of driving progress for a divided society. Two speakers with opposed views will debate around the topic of “Smart Speaker friend or foe: a new helper, or a spy in the home?” The content of the debate, which will likely heat up around issues of data protection and privacy, personalisation and ethics, is monitored by an AI bot. This will monitor the heat of the conversation, call out any extreme thinking, absolutisms, high emotions and positivity vs negativity. On a screen the audience can follow how opposed the conversation is getting - and the challenge for the panelists is to try and find consensus.
Other Resources / Information
- How technology can help humanity identify extremism and help us with nuanced thinking and problem-solving.
- How artificial intelligence can help us drive out extreme thinking.
- How can we use technology to help drive positive progress for a divided society and bring people together.
- Jacqueline de Rojas, President, techUK
- Mike Butcher, Editor-at-large, TechCrunch
- Jon Wilkins, Chairman, Karmarama
Hannah Matthews, Managing Partner, Karmarama
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.