As Cluetrain Manifesto Turns 20: What Went Wrong?
The Cluetrain Manifesto is one of the seminal books on modern day marketing. Its 99 theses were first published in March 1999 - exactly 20 yrs before #SXSW2019! Time for a reality check!! The authors thought the web’s openness and transparency would get senseless advertising replaced by thoughtful conversations and crappy services by empathetic cooperation. But instead we got pre-rolls everywhere, airlines beating up passengers, GAFA-monopolies, Russian trolls and finally Trump - what the hell went wrong?
How it came to this and what to do now is the topic of this session:
1. Intro "Cluetrain Manifesto - from 1999 to 2019".
2. Todays challenges for companies & brands.
3. How to jump off the clueless train.
4. Scenarios for the future: China's social score vs EU's GDPR.
Share this idea
- What was Cluetrain Manifesto and why did it matter?
- How can a brand jump off the clueless train? 3 problems every marketer faces today and 3 practical ideas to solve them.
- China vs the EU - Which model will win going forward? Forcing everyone to have a social score or giving us control over our own data?
- Bjoern Ognibeni, Founder, dpa Buzzrank
Bjoern Ognibeni, Founder, dpa Buzzrank