Democracy is in crisis. All around the world we're using electoral systems that aren't fit for purpose in 2018. Public participation is not only state-driven anymore and increasingly other entities are better able to prototype intelligent methods that can help the world make better decisions. Yet our politics haven’t changed with this shift.
How can Service Design map the gaps that lie behind the current voting systems, and help us to create potential solutions to generate a healthier decision-making process for the common good? This session will explain how and demonstrate possible solutions that bring for more convergence between people.
Additional Supporting Materials
- A first understanding of the current voting systems around the world.
- Guidance on how Service Design can help us map some deep-rooted problems related to the implementation of democracy.
- Insight into how our current voting systems can be redesigned in order to adapt to the digital age we are living in.
- Elodie Rousselot, Senior Program Manager, Fjord
- Cristina Gómez Prada, Regional EALA Program Director, Fjord
Elodie Rousselot, Senior Program Manager, Fjord
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.