SXSW Interactive 2013
When Bad Names Happen to Good Startups
Multiple Zs tacked onto the ends of words, missing vowels, strange URLs. Each aspect of the weird-startup-name phenomenon points to a widespread challenge of launching a startup:
Naming is hard.
It's also insanely important. Identifying a name that fully captures your startup's narrative and inspires a spark of desire in your target will be one of the most taxing struggles you'll face as a founder (if not, you're probably doing it wrong).
Using case studies from 3 of the startups we've named, we'll explain our proven process for generating killer startup names, including the 5 types of names, the 5 crucial criteria for evaluating a name, why your URL doesn't really matter, and more.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the 5 types of names startups should consider?
- What are the 5 questions to ask yourself before naming your startup brand?
- Why should you wait til later to worry about your URL?
- Why should startups think about trademarking their name from day one?
- What do successful startup names have in common?
Patrick Woods, Director, a>m ventures