SXSW EDU 2019
Collective Courage through Cross-District Learning
A cross-district learning community builds collective courage among participants by creating a strong network for vulnerable conversation toward continuous improvement. The Essex County Learning Community focused on common barriers to supporting students with learning differences. Through convenings, teacher groups, sharing best practice and dilemmas, and providing resources and national experts, 6 districts built and leveraged trusting relationships to problem solve and develop district plans.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Participants will understand the value of adult learning within a cross-district learning community.
- Participants will hear the story of the Essex County Learning Community and the roles and responsibilities of membership toward district improvement.
- Participants will walk away with the knowledge and tools to effectively create and participate in a cross-district learning community.
- Jane Feinberg, Senior Advisor & Regional Partnerships Lead, Reimagine Learning, New Profit
- Pamela MacDonald, Director of Special Education, Haverhill Public Schools
- Suzette DiTonno, Third Grade, Dual Certified Elementary and Special Education Teacher, Haverhill Public Schools
- Shannon Nolan, Principal, Haverhill Public Schools
Kim Jackson, Manager, Reimagine Learning, New Profit