Blazing Beyond Basics: Cannabusiness 2.0
Where there’s smoke, there are buyers. But as cannabusiness has grown from a novelty endcap in a global supermarket of ideas into its own thriving economy, half-baked firms are folding every day. With evolving software platforms and tech support, ever-changing regulatory hoops and hurdles, and myriad industry growing pains, Cannabusiness requires a sound business strategy and eye for detail. Furthermore, it’s high time to build a strategy accounting for today’s opportunities and tomorrow’s unknown challenges. This panel comprises key players spread across cannabusiness, from high-end producers to experienced investors, to help share in-the-weeds best practices and make bold prognostications designed to keep both cannabusiness start-ups and established enterprises from burning out tomorrow.
Other Resources / Information
- Cannabusiness requires more than a napkin business plan; it necessitates a nuanced and robust understanding of a growing ecosystem.
- Planning a cannabusiness venture for today’s market is a losing proposition. You need an eye on tomorrow — and the day after that.
- A macro-understanding of how your cannabusiness’ focus both impacts, and is impacted by, other players best positions you for long-term success.
- Danny Davis, Founder & Chairman, Convectium
- Karen Blondell, Co-Founder, the cannabis story lab
- Adrian Sedlin, CEO, Canndescent
- Kristen Yoder, BS Detector, Soil to the oil
Evan White, President, Evan White PR Inc
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.