Engaging Parent Communities: A Blueprint
A quality education doesn’t only come out of the classroom in which a student learns, but also out of the community in which the student lives. For too long, education inequality has plagued underserved communities that are not empowered to be self-advocates for community action and revitalization. This means parents and community members can’t demand action on the civic issues that affect them, nor demand improvements to such things as their kids’ schools. But this no longer needs to be the cas
Additional Supporting Materials
- Learn how parent advocacy and organizing around critical community issues drives student and school success.
- Gain real tools for implementing advocacy programs for parents in your schools and communities.
- Garner a deeper understanding for why parent voice can contribute to student success and school outcomes.
- Marco Petruzzi, President and Chief Executive Officer , Green Dot Public Schools National
- Larry Fondation, Executive Director, United Parents and Students
Sean Thibault, Communications Dir, Green Dot Public Schools
Show me another