Three publishers have dominated K-12 curriculum. Yet new OER options promise flexibility, standards alignment, & lower cost. As OER evolves into full-course textbook replacements, we ask: Can OER truly replace textbooks? Is there evidence of a shift, or is it hype? What are OER's headwinds? We'll discuss Noodle Markets’ research insights and OER curriculum provider experiences, and hear from districts leaders adopting OER curriculum, to explore how the market is responding to new OER entrants.
- Learn about openly licensed resources and their growth in K-12
- Learn about curriculum demand, and how it is evolving
- Learn about the recent trends in the publishing market
- Nicole Neal, CEO, Noodle Markets
- Larry Singer, CEO, Open Up Resources
- Brian Kingsley, Assistant Superintendent for Academics, Wake County Public School System
Jill Lubow, Dir of Mktg, Open Up Resources
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.