SXSW EDU 2018
Inspiring Innovation Across the K-12 Curriculum
Walk through examples from leading teachers on how to create your own STEAM pathway and how to expand and connect STEAM across all curriculum areas. You'll hear from representatives of the South Fayette School District who have created vertically aligned K-12 computational thinking and design thinking initiatives to inspire students and teachers, both in the district and across Western Pennsylvania with help from the Grable Foundation and the Remake Learning Network.
Share this idea
- Participants will discover what our research says about creating robust STEAM pathways and how this learning extends into all areas of the curriculum.
- Participants will be able to envision how STEAM and Computational Thinking can extend across content areas and empower students with specific needs.
- Participants will discuss how we may conceive of learning trajectories well supported with the new digital technologies available to today’s youth.
- Stephanie DeLuca, Curriculum, Innovation, and Technology Coordinator, South Fayette School District
- Aileen Owens, Director of Technology and Innovation, South Fayette School District
- Melissa Unger, STEAM Facilitator , South Fayette School District
- Shad Wachter, STEAM Facilitator, South Fayette School District
Stephanie DeLuca, Curriculum, Innovation, & Technology Coord, South Fayette School District