SXSW Interactive 2013
The Art (and Power!) of Explanation
You’ve done the hard work. Your product or service works beautifully - but something is missing. Potential customers just don’t see the big idea - and it’s keeping them from becoming customers. Your big idea has an explanation problem.
The first step to solving this problem and inviting people to get excited about your idea is learning to explain it better. Lee and Sachi LeFever of Common Craft and the book "The Art of Explanation" have created award-winning explanations for the world's most respected companies and earned over 50 million online video views. They will be your guides in understanding the power of explanation and how to put it to work in accomplishing your goals.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is an explanation and why should I care?
- Why is explanation so hard? Why do my explanations fail?
- What are the elements of effective explanations?
- How can I become a better explainer and put explanations to work in accomplishing my goals?
- How can I make my explanations truly remarkable?
Lee LeFever, Chief Explainer, Common Craft