SXSW EDU 2018
Design thinking for the student journey
As the pool of post-secondary students grows more diverse, there is often a gap between what students need to be successful and the programs designed to support them. This session will relate how design thinking helped one university uncover the student journey, revealing the barriers non-traditional students face in acquiring their degrees and the accelerators that can unlock their potential. We will also share how this initiative has sparked program re-design.
Share this idea
- Participants will learn how design thinking can help uncover the barriers and enablers of student success.
- Participants will learn how design thinking can inform the development of effective support solutions.
- Participants will learn how design thinking can accelerate empathy and understanding.
- Steve Brown, Deputy Director, Sandbox Collaborative at Southern New Hampshire University
- Pete Kotsonis, Founder, Storyline
- Kathy Butler, Analyst, Storyline
Steven Brown, Deputy Dir, Sandbox Collaborative at Southern New Hampshire University