Build it & they'll come! Data viz for the dataless
Data visualizations are a great way to communicate a complex subject or issue, but how can you leverage this powerful storytelling tool with imperfect data? By being fearless! Using the Case Foundation’s Impact Investing Network Map as a case study, we’ll dig in with data science & impact investing experts to discuss leveraging available resources & creative problem solving to build a useful data visualization platform, while creating conditions and infrastructure to meet your eventual objective
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do you pick a data standard or taxonomy for your project when there isn’t an industry standard?
- What’s your approach to use data science to pull out insights of imperfect data and do no harm to the sector?
- What do you see as the potential for impact investing or other movements with increased transparency and analysis of data?
- Sheila Herrling, SVP, Social Innovation, Case Foundation
- Cathy Clark, Director, CASE i3 Initiative on Impact Investing, CASE at Duke University, Fuqua School of Business
- Rayid Ghani, Director, Center for Data Science and Public Policy, Harris School of Public Policy, University of Chicago
Molly Porter, Director, Project Management, Case Foundation
Show me another