SXSW EDU 2018
4 State Approaches to Personalized Learning
Moving schools from the old factory model to a personalized model is a daunting challenge. State education agencies have taken different strategies to help their schools make this transition. With this panel, you will hear from public and private representatives of Colorado, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Texas, on how they are approaching this challenge, including why they chose their strategy for their schools, how is it working, and what lessons have they learned to date.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Learn different ways states are supporting schools and districts to transition to a personalized learning model.
- Learn how consortiums or networks of schools/districts can enable innovation to flourish.
- Understand issues related to scaling innovations in traditional public school systems.
- David O'Connor, Executive Director, Massachusetts Personalized Learning Edtech Consortium
- Daniela Fairchild, Director of Education, RI Office of Innovation
- Samantha Olson, Vice President Strategic Learning & Organizational Development, Colorado Education Initiative
- Joe Siedlecki, Senior Director, Quality Schools, Michael & Susan Dell Foundation
David O'Connor, Exec Dir, Massachusetts Personalized Learning Edtech Consortium