Millennial Activism in the Trump Presidency
On Saturday, Jan 21, 2017 we witnessed a massive shift in social issue engagement. Millennials took to the streets with an energy, never before seen for this generation. Petitions began to drive online voice to real-life action, showing millennials what issues affect them, how to contact reps and where to meet for protests. But what does all of this energy add up to? What do millennials really care about and what action are they taking? Join a discussion on the research tackling these questions.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What social issues and causes do millennials care about?
- Are they taking action to effect change on the social issues and causes they care about, and if so, how?
- What types of actions do millennials think are most impactful: voting, protesting, volunteering, donating, starting a new org? Or something else?
- Sean Tennerson, Program Officer, the Case Foundation
- Derrick Feldmann, President, Achieve Agency
- Clare Kenny, Campaigns Manager, GLAAD
- Abdi Soltani, Executive Director, American Civil Liberties Union or Northern California
Sean Tennerson, Program Officer, The Case Foundation