SXSW EDU 2018
Building Student-Centered STEM Communities
Local Ecosystems are reimagining how community partners, in & outside of school, can coordinate efforts & align resources to provide STEM for more students. Listen in as 4 community leaders & STEM Ecosystems members from government, expanded learning & a non-profit reflect on their experiences to maximize STEM learning opportunities. Whether representing large-urban, rural or mid-size communities, this panel will shape your thinking & strategy when implementing large scale learning initiatives.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Discover the power of collaborative culture in STEM learning communities.
- Identify ways to effectively work with community partners to expand STEM learning for young people.
- Discuss how an integrated approach to learning can work in your community.
- Katherine Bihr, Vice President of Programs & Education , Tiger Woods Foundation
- Maya Garcia , Director, Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics, Division of Elementary/Secondary and Specialized Education (ESSE) Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE)
- Lelya Riley, Executive Director of OC STEM Initiative , OC STEM Initiative
- Sabrina Gomez, Director, ExpandED STEM Opportunities, ExpandED Schools
Katherine Bihr, VP of Programs & Education , Tiger Woods Foundation