This session will discuss the impact investment landscape and why investors are interested in workforce development startups right now. Panelists will talk about trends and how to get funding as a startup from multiple perspectives, including an edtech accelerator, an edtech funder (Series A&B) and a limited parter in several edtech focused venture capital funds.
- learn about the impact investment landscape and what investors are focused on right now
- why investors are focused on workforce development and investment trends in this sector
- what investors look for when investing in edtech startups, with a focus on workforce development
- Gerry Pambo-Awich, Director, Strategic Initiatives & Impact Investments, Prudential Financial
- Marissa Lowman, Head of Education Practice, Village Capital
- Arrun Kapoor, Managing Director, SJF Ventures
- Jean Hammond, Partner & Co-Founder, LearnLaunch
Marissa Lowman, Head of Education Sector, Village Capital
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.