Cyborg Gov: Humans & High-tech in Public Service
#AskTSA about that Kimchi in your carry-on. Let a chatbot named Emma answer your green card questions. Share #allthefeels about college financial aid – and get back the perfect reaction GIF from FAFSA. Meet the humans behind accounts at TSA, UCIS, FSA and USPTO that meld technology with old fashioned customer service, and hear how they’ve combined data, technology, and psionic-level people skills to create a hybrid model that may be the future of accessible, approachable government services.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Is each government agency unique, or are there key elements that allowed these 4 very different agencies be innovative?
- Let's get practical: what government-specific strengths and challenges are part of launching new public service projects?
- What new mash-ups are on the horizon to transform government services in the next 5 years?
- Laura Larrimore, Senior Digital Strategist, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- David Johnston, Social Media Strategist, Transportation Security Administration
- Nicole Callahan, Digital Engagement Strategist, U.S. Department of Education’s office of Federal Student Aid
- Vashon Citizen, Acting Chief, Customer Engagement Solutions Branch, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Laura Larrimore, Sr Digital Strategist, US Patent and Trademark Office