SXSW EDU 2018
How will Virtual Reality change education?
Isn’t learning all about immersion? Diving into the unknown and learning through discovery? Getting your hands dirty in the lab, going on a field trip or building something awesome with classmates. Those are the experiences you learn from and remember 50+ years later. What technology suits this purpose better than virtual reality? Will this technology truly change the world and find its way to classrooms around the world? Or is just a fad and no substitute for real learning?
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Technology and media have the power to take us outside our bodies and outside time: they mesmerisme and often addict us, what is the solution?
- Many parents who work for high-tech companies like Google, Apple and Yahoo in Silicone Valley ban electronics use. Is Technology a friend or foe?
- VR Education is a game changer. How do we use it as a tool of teaching, not as a substitute? and how will it effect children in developing countries?
- Gitanjali Sah, Coordinator, Coordinator, World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS)
- Tim Nijland, Founder & CMO, TeachVR
- Salar Shahna, CEO/Co-Founder, World VR Forum
- KELLY Horton , HIGH SCHOOL DIRECTOR; MATH, COMPUTER SCIENCE, Austin Waldorf School
Clayton Doherty, Pres/Co-Founder, World VR Forum