Today’s digital landscape feeds our lizard brains and reduces complex moral dilemmas to the swipe of a thumb. As product creators, we have a responsibility to present people with a set of choices to enable them to be the best version of themselves. This panel will discuss examples of dark user interface patterns wreaking havoc on our lives. We will empower you to positively impact humanity through products designed for a world that doesn't suck.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the common product design traps that lead to dark digital patterns?
- Why does choice architecture matter, even in the smallest of digital projects?
- How can I advocate designing for positive change and inspire my team to get on board?
- Elayne Safir, Senior UX Designer, XO Group
- Lauren Bugeja, UX Lead, Google
- Jennifer Garfield, Senior Product Manager, The Knot
- Diana Gonzalez, Strategy Director, R/GA
Elayne Safir, Senior UX Designer, XO Group
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.