SXSW EDU 2018
Putting Learning Science Research to Work
How can the science of learning, which is often inaccessible and difficult to apply in real-world settings, help inform the design of innovative educational programs and practices? In this interactive session, panelists will discuss ongoing efforts to change the relationship between learning research and teaching practice, and share their first-hand experience collaboratively implementing science of learning principles to support teaching and learning.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Understand why learning research matters and how it can inform the work of education practitioners.
- Better understand the evolving relationship between learning research and teaching practice and how to build research practice partnerships.
- Gain strategies and resources for accessing research on learning and determining which findings can best inform practice.
- Aubrey Francisco, Chief Research Officer, Digital Promise
- Ken Montgomery , Executive Director, Design Tech High School
- Monica Milligan, Partner, New Models, TNTP
- Melina Uncapher, Assistant Professor and Director of Education at UCSF's Neuroscape Center, and Executive Director at Institute for Applied Neuroscience , University of California at San Francisco and Institute for Applied Neuroscience
Aubrey Francisco, Chief Research Officer, Digital Promise