SXSW Film 2013
How to Use Social Media to Launch Your Movie
How to Use Social Media to Launch a Film
Rather than wait for Hollywood studios to devise multi-million dollar marketing campaigns, resourceful filmmakers have leveraged the power of social media to introduce their films to international audiences. This panel will focus on the latest Facebook apps and social media tools that help get butts in movie theater seats, and will address viral marketing campaigns, Facebook Timeline apps, YouTube promotions, Internet scavenger hunts, community-building engagement mechanisms and instant movie reviews and ratings from consumers.
Moderated by Rachel Carollo, Senior Director of Marketing at Fandango, additional panelists could include Danielle DePalma of Lionsgate, Amy Powell of Paramount Pictures, Gordon Paddison of Stradella Road, John Adams of Twitter, Matt Jacobson of Facebook and Brian Murch of Crowd Factory.
Share this idea
- Does traditional marketing matter anymore?
- What is an example of an Internet scavenger hunt for a movie? How did it work for "The Hunger Games?"
- What are some of the more successful viral movie marketing campaigns?
- How can you use social media to launch your movie if it doesn't have a distributor or exhibitor behind it?
- What are the latest Facebook apps that can help me launch my movie?
- Rachel Carollo, Senior Director, Marketing, Fandango
Harry Medved, Senior Director, Marketing, Fandango