SXSW Film 2013
An Insider’s Preview to the SXSW Film Festival
Kick off SXSW Film right on Day One by getting insider tips, strategies and advice you can use to maximize your time at the film fest, straight from some of today’s most influential film pundits. Offering up a “sneak preview” of SXSW’s most anticipated screenings and movie-related happenings, these insiders will also share cinema-etiquette tips to help fans get the most out of their experience and insider news about surprise screenings that are off the radar of the general public.
Moderated by Chuck Walton, Editor-in-Chief at Fandango, confirmed panelists include Twitter’s John Adams (from the popular “How Not to Be a Douchebag at SXSW” panel), Anne Thompson (IndieWire), Jen Yamato (Movieline), Erik Davis (Movies.com), and Brian Salisbury (Alamo Drafthouse’s Badass Digest).
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Which SXSW selections will be this year's breakout hits? What are the five absolute, can’t-miss, no-holds-barred movies you must see while you're in Austin? Which ones are going to get picked up for distribution? Which bloggers have the best scoops on SXSW?
- What are the advantages of each screening venue? Which theaters are the easiest to get into? How early do i have to get in line for each film?
- Which behaviors should you avoid so you don't get tagged as a "moviegoing douchebag?" What's the SXSW Film rule for networking while waiting for the movie to start?
- What's the best strategy for getting into the parties?
- Does your film badge automatically guarantee you'll get into any movie? or do you need tickets as well?
Chuck Walton, Editor-in-Chief, Fandango