SXSW Music 2013
Essential Music Royalties
This panel will focus on five separate royalty income streams that are essential to music producers, recording artists, and songwriters. The five royalty streams that will be discussed are: Music Publishing Royalties, Master Royalties, Sound Recording Royalties, Home Taping and Rental Royalties. Each panelist will discuss how these separate royalties are generated and collected. Each royalty income stream will be examined and differentiated so the audience will have an understanding of the separate royalties that exist for creators of music.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the differences between publishing royalties and master royalties?
- What are the income streams of publishing royalties?
- Who can collect and how do you collect sound recording royalties?
- What are home taping and rental royalties and how can you collect them?
- How important are all of these royalties to the careers of music producers, recording artists and songwriters?
- Travis McFetridge, President, Great South Bay Music Group Inc.
- Scott Cupolo, Associate Director of Royalties, Warner Music Group
- Lauren Danzy, Marketing, New Media & External Affairs, SoundExchange
- Bree Dietrich, Deputy Director of Royalty Administration, Alliance of Artists and Recording Companies
- Andrew Krents, Attorney at Law, Motta & Krents
Travis McFetridge, President, Great South Bay Music Group Inc.