SXSW Interactive 2013
The Myths & Reality of New Media Entrepreneurs
On the Internet, anyone can publish a blog, become a video star or take amazing photos. But running a business is another story. Making a buck from online publishing takes a lot of time and work. It's possible to earn a living as a new media site, but it takes a lot of skills and connections and time to make it work. In this session, I'll share the lessons I've learned during the past year and a half creating SiliconHillsNews.com, a regional technology publication covering technology entrepreneurs and companies in the Austin and San Antonio region known as Silicon Hills.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do I make money as a new media entrepreneur?
- How much work is involved in launching a site?
- What are the best resources and tools for launching a news site online?
- What kind of skills do I need to become a new media entrepreneur?
- How long does it take?
- Laura Lorek , founder , Silicon Hills News
Laura Lorek , Founder , Silicon Hills News