DIY App Publishing and the SXSW Community Cookbook
Technology has begun to democratize book publishing by giving authors control over the entire publishing, marketing, distribution and sales process.
This panel will not only discuss, but will also demonstrate, the latest do-it-yourself publishing trends and technology by bringing together members of the SXSW community to create a crowdsourced cookbook as both online ebook and iPad app.
What better way to understand the latest self-publishing technology than by using it to literally create a crowdsourced book at the conclusion of the presentation? Once published, the SXSW Community Cookbook will be available for anyone to download free via the Web or iPad.
If you're interested in helping author the crowdsourced cookbook, please visit http://bit.ly/MxVXDB to add your recipe!
Additional Supporting Materials
- Which DIY digital format is best... ebook or app-based book?
- What new self-publishing tools are available?
- What are the benefits of these new forms of self publishing over working with a traditional publisher?
- How can digital self-publishing be used to build community?
- What are the best ways to market and sell your self-published ebook/app-based book for profit or fundraising?
- Babette Pepaj, Founder, BakeSpace.com
Babette Pepaj, Founder, BakeSpace.com
Show me another