SXSW Interactive 2013
The App Race Puts Consumers in the Driver’s Seat
Consumer apps embraced by individuals are making their way into the workplace. More and more people are opting to use their own devices, and downloading their own apps for for work-related tasks.
Enterprise technology companies have taken note of what people are flocking to and have begun to innovate directly for employees. Inspired by their business-to-consumer counterparts, they have created a new breed of simple and beautiful “prosumer” targeted apps that fuel the pipeline for corporate services.
With consumer choice driving innovation, there’s never been a better time for end users. Come learn how consumer apps are flipping enterprise innovation on its head and what challenges are ahead for companies small and large.
Share this idea
- What do you if you’re a consumer app developer that’s broken down the wall and you’re inside the enterprise?
- How do you keep innovating once you have both consumer and business adoption?
- How can consumer and enterprise technologies mutually benefit each other?
- What can enterprise technologists learn from consumer technologists?
- What can consumer technologists learn from enterprise technologists?
Dane Greco, Public Relations, TripIt/Concur