A Gender Lens: Evolving Equality in Education
One of the most important topics in education today is gender equality. As one of 10 University Champions worldwide for UN Women’s HeForShe movement, Stony Brook is taking bold steps not only to achieve gender equality on our campus, but also to inspire and support a gender-equal society. We are engaging more people every day in an effort to empower every gender, race and ethnicity to create a community of scholars, researchers and faculty who strive for true gender equity. SBU will present a case study about our equality and diversity initiatives, share the lessons we’ve learned, and open the floor to a discussion about gender and human rights at all levels of education.
Share this idea
- How in an education setting HeForShe started a deeper, more difficult conversation about equality for all regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, etc .
- How University initiatives motivate and empower men, women, and gender neutral to become engaged and feel safe to talk about all of these issues.
- Broadening the reach -- sharing our approach and training the trainers within the 64-campus SUNY system - taking a plan from ideas to action.
- Samuel L. Stanley, Stony Brook University
- Bridget Foley, Stony Brook University
- Tayisha R. Saint Vil, Stony Brook University
Samuel Stanley, Pres, Stony Brook University