IoT's Opportunity for Accessibility
The world is full of smart devices that make life for the average person a little more convenient. Why then is this same technology not utilized to improve the lives of those with disabilities? Sure, there are some devices designed for those with specific disabilities, but this technology is both outdated and overpriced. Instead, why not tweak the latest technology available, to tailor it for those with special needs? Come discover how together we can create a more accessible world for those with disabilities.
Share this idea
- What are some of the currently addressable challenges individuals with hearing or visual loss face?
- How is the internet of things currently being used for accessibility?
- What opportunities exist to utilize the internet of things to better serve those with special needs?
- Antonio Rodriguez, Pretty Smart Homes
- Patrick Holkins, U.S. Department of Justice - Civil Rights Division
- Zuby Onwuta, ThinkAndZoom
Antonio Rodriguez, http://www.prettysmarthomes.com/, Pretty Smart Homes