Elastic Interfaces For Your Body
Think for a moment about the future of digital interfaces. What if you could wear electronic clothes and your skin could be interactive? What if a biointerface could directly link your cortical activity to the cloud? Our panel brings together experts in neural implants, soft electronics, and fashion design from Switzerland and Canada to explore how the human body and technology may be seamlessly integrated in the future, all the way from the inside to outside of the body. Discussions will range from the decoding of brain activity to augment human capacities, to artificial skin, to the role of design in developing new wearable technologies.
Share this idea
- What is the future of human-computer interaction?
- How can the nervous system be interfaced?
- What is the role of design in developing neural and wearable technologies?
- Grégoire Courtine, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL)
- Stéphanie Lacour, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL)
- Ying Gao, Ying Gao
Sheila Fakurnejad, Jr Project Coord, swissnex San Francisco