SXSW Interactive 2013
Mobile's Role In Building Passionate Communities
We discuss how mobile is a powerful platform for creating large scale and passionate communities. We will discuss how a deeply engaging experience created on mobile can immerse a user in an experience at a scale that far exceeds what can be done on the web. Poshmark’s CEO will share how Poshmark a mobile marketplace for fashion has created a very engaged community where women spend almost half an hour a day on Poshmark. We will discuss the decisions that lead to creating a powerful community, from how the product is designed, to how the team is structured, to how the tone is set in every communication. Great communities are built on true emotional connection and deep passion where the support comes from grassroots sources across the world. This session will also discuss the pitfalls to avoid and the difference between fans and communities.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Why should I care about building an authentic and passionate community?
- Why should I consider building my community on the mobile platform first?
- What is the role of authenticity in a community and how do you build it?
- How can building a passionate community drive my corporate metrics?
- What are common pitfalls to avoid when building my community?
- Manish Chandra, Founder & CEO, Poshmark
Manish Chandra, Founder & CEO, Poshmark