SXSW Interactive 2013
Texting for Votes: Mobile Politics Comes of Age
Political campaigns have been slow to adopt mobile tools to mobilize, fundraise, and persuade voters -- until 2012. Political campaigns, including both the Romney and Obama campaigns, now see mobile technology as a fundamental tool for voter education and mobilization. What are they doing, and how effective is it?
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What makes political uses of mobile technology different from brand-based mobile strategies?
- How did the Romney and Obama campaigns use mobile in 2012?
- How effective was mobile marketing at voter persuasion and turnout?
- Do mobile apps really work in politics?
- How will elected officials transition their mobile strategies now that they are in elected office?
Julie Germany, Vice President , DCI Group