SXSW Interactive 2013
The New Way to IPO
A company's first day as a publicly traded entity on a stock exchange is a huge deal. Social companies, like Facebook, Xynga and Jive, have the added the pressure of socializing this corporate milestone. This session will share how an IPO architect used social technologies to collaborate on confidential information; share updates with employees, investors, and customers; and engage the community using innovative techniques like displaying live tweets on NASDAQ's marquee in Times Square and creating infographics for financial information. Attendees will hear about social communications best practices and lessons learned during the evolution of an IPO.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What role does culture play in socializing corporate milestones?
- How do you train employees to be social at the "right times?"
- What metrics should you track to ensure successful social marketing campaigns for corporate iniatives?
- What can executives and employees do socially during the IPO "quiet period?"
- How do you integrate online and offline social activities?
- Deirdre Walsh, Sr. Social Business Manager, Jive Software
Deirdre Walsh, Sr. Social Business Manager, Jive Software