SXSW Interactive 2013
From H-API to Sad: Building on 3rd Party Platforms
APIs have become an integral part of the web. But after a series of mishaps with some of the largest API providers hosing their developers, how can those individuals building their business upon 3rd party platforms trust API providers? This panel will discuss the pros and cons of using APIs as well as tactics for developers to prepare themselves for the inevitable changes that will occur.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the pros and cons of building a business on top of a third party platform?
- How can API providers instill trust in their developers?
- How can developers prepare themselves for inevitable changes to API terms?
- In offering more closed platforms, how are API providers destroying their developer community?
- How can API providers maintain a healthy relationship with their developer community while making unpopular changes?
- Jonathan Mumm, Developer Advocate, TokBox
Jon Mumm, Developer Advocate, TokBox