SXSW Interactive 2013
Retailers’ New BFF in Race to Win Shoppers
The changing economics of the retail industry – led by revolutionary advancements in social and mobile technologies along with the likes of Amazon – has instigated a race to the bottom for many retailers who have chosen to fight this battle on price alone. Rather than resist consumer-led trends like “showrooming” and the displacement of physical media with digital content, smart retailers are quickly learning how the relationship with the brands they sell can be their biggest secret weapon.
This panel discussion will show how brands and retailers can work together to tap one of their most valuable, yet underused assets - the retailer’s website - to provide content that’s specialized and relevant to shoppers’ specific needs while they are in a buying state of mind, making an impact at precisely the right moment in their journey.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can retailers scale the power of their brand partners’ earned media across their website?
- How is the growing importance of providing hyper-local and just-in-time content impacting retailers?
- How can retailers transform their online presence into a publisher site?
- What are the benefits to brands providing specific, niche content directly to consumers through their retail partners’ websites?
- How can retailers address the "showrooming" trend?
Chandra Hosek, Senior PR Manager, Bazaarvoice