For regular folks, the sharing economy promised new ways to earn and connect. For investors, it heralded Dot Com era returns. For industries like hotel & auto it threatened everything. Will the real sharing economy please stand up? Is sharing and collaboration the answer to everything from unemployment, climate change and economic / psychological depression? Will the sector reach projections of $335bn by 2025? What’s the actual impact on jobs, relationships, industry, cities, society and the economy? This panel, representing successful sharing start-ups, think tanks and communities, knows the burning questions, and some of the best answers and methods of sharing now and into the future.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Is the sharing economy the answer to everything from unemployment, climate change, and depression (financial and psychological)?
- How do you set up a successful sharing economy business, what tools, methodologies and support networks are available to empower sharing startups?
- What’s the potential impact of the sharing economy on cities, relationships, business and society?
- Ariane Conrad, Founder & Owner, The Book Doula
- Daan Weddepohl, CEO & Founder, Peerby
- Asmaa Guedira, Connector Paris & MENA, OuiShare
- Rachel Martin, Co-Founder & COO, TrustedHousesitters
Marie Glad, CEO, Royal Sister
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.