The stats around food waste and hunger in the US are alarming: We throw out or fail to use 40% of our food supply every year while nearly 49M people are food insecure. The disconnect between what we produce, what gets to the consumers who need it, and the policies in place that prevent efficiencies, emphasize the need for innovation and change.
This panel tackles the pervasive issue head on, exploring how diverse organizations across the supply chain are working together using high and low technology solutions to reduce waste, divert food from landfills, and route reclaimed food to those who need it most.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the key challenges that contribute to the massive food waste epidemic in the US?
- What are some of the innovative and most promising hi & low technology solutions that are emerging to address the food waste challenge?
- What does this mean for the future of food in the US and what you can do to help.
- Liz Baldridge, National Account Manager, Feeding America
- Suzanne Lindsay-Walker, Director of Sustainability, The Kroger Co
- Ashley Zanolli, Co- Lead, West Coast Climate and Materials Management Forum, Environmental Protection Agency
- Marie Audet, US Dairy Farmer, Blue Spruce Farms, Audet's Cow Power
Sherri Maxson, SVP Digital Communications, Dairy Management Inc
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.