Students on Diversity and Inclusivity in Schools
Rising suicide rates, youth violence, sexism, racism and homophobia. Often the students who face these hurdles are some of those who suffer the most from their voice not being heard. This all-student panel will examine the effect of discrimination (based on differences in race, socioeconomic status, gender, sexual orientation etc) on student life.
Share this idea
- Understand the various factors inhibiting diversity and inclusivity on school campuses.
- Explore ways to overcome discrimination in our education system.
- Find ways to give voice to those who often go unheard, yet need to be heard most.
- Emet Tauber, National Advisory Council member, Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network
- Cristal Cruz, group leader teaching the introduction of S.T.E.M to six graders, Good Shepherd Services with East Fordham Academy
- Tara Subramaniam, Director of Programming, Student Voice
- Dawnya Johnson, Steering Committee Chair, Baltimore Intersection
Tara Subramaniam, Dir of Student Voice Live! Events, Student Voice