Drupal is being used on larger projects, and Drupalers need a wider and more diverse set of skills on these projects. This workshop is four hours introducing a suite of topics typically encountered by teams on their first large scale projects:
* Scaling and performance issues - configuring cache, finding bottlenecks
* Development workflow - dev, stage, production, and basic devops (includes an introduction to Jenkins)
* Larger development team dynamics - instituting a culture of code reviews, tests, and high quality
* Custom APIs and the ecosystem of API consumers
* Basic project management for developers - short intro to scrum, short coverage of tools such as Jira
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can large teams and different teams keep in close collaboration across time zones and organizational boundaries ?
- What should I focus on early in life time of a large project, to establish best practices and a good culture through out the whole timeline ?
- How can I assure a project and team handle people leaving and joining, given that large Drupal projects can survive individual jobs and vendors ?
- Robert Ristroph, Technical Architect, Acquia
Robert Ristroph, Technical Architect, Acquia
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.