Lipstick on a Pig: PD that Brings Home the Bacon
We saw that eye roll. There’s no hope for professional development, right? It’s kind of like vegetarian bacon: nice try, but just not the same. Presenters are great at using pretty slideshows and hamming it up, but that’s just lipstick on a pig. Are we practicing what we preach? Help us cook up a new recipe to make professional learning an engaging, productive experience. Bring home the bacon to your schools and businesses and change the face of learning.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Stop eating from the slop trough of bad strategies!
- Join our collaborative cooking class to create a new PD recipe book using only fresh ingredients.
- Bring home the bacon to your organization and change PD for good.
- Tracy Clark, Co-Founder, EdTechWomen Austin
- Abbey Futrell, Digital Innovation Coach, The William and Ida Friday Institute for Educational Innovation
- Greg Garner, Research Associate, North Carolina State University
Tracy Clark, Co-Founder, EdTechWomen Austin