What is a makerspace and do I need one?
Have you heard the term MakerSpace and wondered what it meant? How do I develop a MakerSpace in my classroom, library, and school? What do I put in a MakerSpace? How does a MakerSpace support learning? How much does it cost to develop a MakerSpace? Spend a few hours and you will learn how a MakerSpace can engage your students for the “best day of school ever”! We will discuss: ➢ Supplies needed ➢ Types of MakerSpaces ➢ Space requirements ➢ Educational purposes of a MakerSpace ➢ How get materials for your MakerSpace for free ➢ Where can I get “stuff” for my MakerSpace You will spend time as a student in this class prototyping in our MakerSpace. Bring your open mind and creativity.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Participants will learn how to integrate literacy learning into the Makerspace environment through an experiential, hands - on activity.
- Participants will understand different types of learning that can occur in a Makerspace.
- Participants will be able to create a plan for how to develop a makerspace.
- Marci Milius, Learning Environment Designer, Douglas County School District
- Linda Conway, Director, Innovation and Design Center and Library Programming, Douglas County School District
Marci Milius, Learning Environment Designer, Douglas County School District