Fluid is the new norm in newsrooms, which constantly restructure, invent new job titles and juggle high staff turnover. Nurturing leaders and rethinking hierarchy and management skills for an ever-changing culture are a true challenge -- but not an insurmountable one. In this cross-generational discussion, hear how both established and emerging executives from start-up, blended and legacy newsrooms are preparing the next-level leader. This session will feature members of the Online News Association, who explored this issue with hundreds of colleagues at ONA's annual conference.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do we define media leadership skills in the digital era?
- How can news leaders create a flexible environment to help develop young talent?
- What skills should young media professionals learn to demonstrate they can adapt to shifting cultures and teams?
- Delaney Chambers, Product Manager, The Atlantic
- Jim Brady, CEO & Publisher, Spirited Media / Billy Penn
- S. Mitra Kalita, Managing Editor, Los Angeles Times
- Imaeyen Ibanga, Digital Director, NBC News
Trevor Knoblich, Digital Dir, Online News Association
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.