SXSW Interactive 2013
Under the Influence: Activate Content & Advocates
In today’s on-demand world, consumers look for real-time information and engagement to inform purchase decisions and address core concerns. Yet despite this fact, companies are still reluctant to invest the resources needed to create this valuable content or slow to modify the archaic organizational structures standing in between them and meeting their target’s needs. To implement social media within a company, marketers must realize that success is dependent on three things: content, people and trust. And a marketer’s best chance to build relationships with customers via social lies in the hands of the influencers surrounding their brand – partners, employees, bloggers and brand evangelists. Attendees of this session will learn how to develop social programs that activate influencers and content to drive awareness, consideration and conversion, and how global technology leader IBM is leveraging the power of content to engage customers and create passionate advocates for its brand.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Can my brand use external resources to develop relationships with our customers and still drive the same success as more traditional marketing activities?
- Search remains the primary method customers use to make purchasing decisions. How can I improve my brand's search presence to add value beyond traditional product information that drives consideration?
- How can relationships with third party influencers improve brand sentiment?
- How do I find the right influencers to speak on behalf of my brand and how can I ensure they adhere to our brand messaging and desired objectives?
- What resources do influencers need to truly be effective at driving business results?
Kevin Green, Senior Vice President, Strategy & Analytics, Digital Influence Group