SXSW Interactive 2016
Be the Next Tony Stark
Do you have what it takes to take a big idea from concept to prototype? Do you have the technology OR idea that can change our national security? Government researchers – the ones with access to the scientific research and the funding to make it happen – are looking for those brilliant ideas. This panel will introduce you to these government decision makers. Get an insight into their world and how they foster ideas into reality. Learn how to connect with project managers and national security advisors who are looking for YOUR ideas and technology that could have an impact. Could you help create the next GPS? The next Drone? The next Internet? Are you the next Tony Stark? Come find out.
Share this idea
- How is it possible for small entrepreneurs with big ideas to break into the needs and projects of the government?
- How can entrepreneurs receive federal funds to develop technology and grow their businesses?
- How can entrepreneurs effectively connect with the feds to take a national security idea and turn it into a viable commercial product?
- Mike Geertsen, National Security Innovation Advisor, TandemNSI
- Gary Shapiro, President and CEO, Consumer Electronics Association
- Christina Winn, Director, Business Investment Group, Arlington Economic Development
- Brad Tousley, Director of Tactical Technology Office, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
Darren Stauffer, National Business Development Mgr, Arlington Economic Development