SXSW Interactive 2013
The Power of Patient Perspectives
The ePatient movement has given rise to a more empowered, educated, and engaged patient. As health care evolves, the patient perspective will be an integral part of strategic planning for hospitals, pharma companies, payers, and providers.
In this panel, ePatients who have started companies and charities will discuss how patients have grabbed the reins to begin changing the $2.3 trillion world of care. Social Media has allowed for incredible change in healthcare industry
in a very short period of time. Learn how connecting with patients and building collaborative relationships will ultimately help both the patients and businesses. Transformative changes in health care are not possible without the patient. Develop an in-depth understanding how patients can provide a competitive edge in a rapidly changing health care landscape.
Share this idea
- Why engage patients? Are their perspectives that groundbreaking/revolutionary?
- Can patient perspective really provide a competitive edge?
- Where do I find ePatients?
- How can social media help build collaborative relationships with patients?
- What’s the best way to maintain and extend these valuable relationships?
Brian Reid, Director, W2O Group