SXSW Interactive 2016
Virtual Reality for Future News Media
Recent technological advancements have led to exciting new ways of telling stories. Specifically, the ubiquity of the Internet and advances in displays, mobile devices and sensor technologies has made it possible to create highly immersive virtual and augmented realities. Displays, such as immersive 3D goggles, augmented reality glasses, and light field projectors, make it possible to merge virtual and real world media. This panel will discuss the opportunities and challenges involved in immersive as well as “fragmented storytelling”, (also known as “transmedia storytelling”) where a story is scattered across different media and devices.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can modern news media utilize immersive storytelling?
- Where are the main innovations in using Virtual Reality and Head Mounted Displays?
- What are the main challenges in using Virtual Reality technology in the newsroom telling 360 degree stories?
- Deniz Ergürel, R&D Director, Zaman Media Group
- Nonny De la Pena, CEO , Emblematic group
- Niko Chauls, Director Applied Technology , Gannett
- Andrew Perkis, Professor, NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Stephen Fozard, Project Dir Global alliance for Media Innovation, WAN-IFRA