Our society is in the midst of a pivotal, cultural shift in how it makes food choices. Where family traditions and “The Joy of Cooking” used to be our primary sources of inspiration, the advent of social and digital technology has democratized the world of food influencers. From the anonymous to famous, through words and pictures, offline and online, anyone who has passion and a smartphone can have an impact on what we eat. Is our hunger for information helping or hurting our choices? A diverse panel of food industry voices discusses its desire and impact on shaping the way people eat.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How is the influx and inundation of opinions changing how we eat? Is it for the better or worse?
- What does being a food influencer mean? Why is it so important? Why do they feel a responsibility to impact people's food choices?
- How is this new dynamic impacting how companies innovate and market food? How are they using influencers to advance their message?
- Jeanine Donofrio, Food Blogger, LoveandLemons
- Grae Nonas, Executive Chef, Olamaie
- Brandon Watson, Food Editor, Austin Chronicle
- Stacie Sopinka, Vice President, Product Development and Innovation, US Foods
Laura Shulman, SVP, Food and Nutrition, FleishmanHillard
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.